When it comes to saving schemes, the Indian government deserves a round of applause. A decade ago, tracking the provident fund balance or claim status was not easy. One has to stand in line at EPFO office for hours. Fortunately, we don’t have to hassle anymore!
Thanks to recent incredible measures, employer and employees can pay the EPF contribution online. There is no need to visit the EPFO office or banks for making payment. This step has made the process so convenient for both employers and employees.
In this post, we will show how to make EPF Online Payment. For better understanding, we will discuss the process step by step:
How To Pay EPF Online?
The word online brings anxiety to a majority of people. But paying the EPF contribution is much easier than your expectation. Basically, we use the EPF portal to download the challan form that can be paid via SBI or listed banks. That’s it!
But for your convenience, let’s talk in detail. If you don’t want to step out, the process involves two different methods to be followed. It starts with official EPF website and ends on bank’s internet banking web page. For quick understanding, we have mentioned each step as follows:
1st Method: At EPFO Website
- First of all, you need to visit E-Sewa web page at the official EPFO website.
- Next, please register yourself to get USER ID and Password. Once registration is complete, log in using the credentials.
- In order to create Electronic Challan Cum Return, submit the details carefully.
- Once you have uploaded the required details, tap on Online ECR/Challan Submission.
- For making EPF Online Payment, you have to generate Temporary Return Reference Number(TRRN).
- For TRRN, you have to submit monthly contribution details in text format.
- Once you have verified the information, approve them.
- Click on Download Challan to download the Challan, the statement and acknowledgment copy.
- The downloaded Challan will come with TRRN.
You can take this Challan to any listed SBI bank to make the payment. Important Note: this challan is valid for 12 days only. Make payment within the expiry limit, otherwise, you have to go through the process again.
We are not done yet. As mentioned above, for absolutely EPF Online Payment you have to complete the second method too:
2nd Method: At Bank’s Website
- First login to your SBI bank account.
- Under Menu, you need to click on Payments/Transfers to pay EPF Online Payment.
- Next, please submit the TRRN details correctly, also pick the debit account.
- Now, choose the account number to forward the payment.
- Before submitting, please verify the details.
- On successful processing, you will get a success message along with authorized e-cheque.
- For further documentation, you must print the challan once it is authorized. Under the menu Reports, click on Reprint Challan to make documentation.
How To Use EPFO E – Sewa Portal?
The idea of EPF Online Payment has been possible with the E -Sewa Porta. Both employer and employee can receive following benefits from the portal:
- Employers can skip the headache of no paper return that required preparation & submission at an office of EPFO in past.
- Because of E-Sewa, there is no need to submit return like Form 6A, 3A, and 5/10/12A.
- The best part, when the payment is made, both employers or employees will receive the text message for confirmation.
- The EPF Online Payment will be credited to each subscriber’s account monthly.
- The employers can make the request on a portal to generate annual EPF slips.
To use the EPF E – Sewa portal, one need to register. For registration, please follow these steps:
- First of all, please visit E – Sewa facility at EPFO’s official website. Here is the link.
- Next, register your company or establishment at EPFO site.
- Once you have provided the details, the portal will forward the computer generated Username and Password on your registered mobile. This is temporary.
- Using the login credentials, when you first log in to E – Sewa portal you will be asked to change the password. That’s it!
Now, you can enjoy the EPF facilities using the E – Sewa Portal. For EPF Online Payment, you have to add accounts of establishment’s members. In short, you can perform every action related to EPF using this portal!
Hopefully, this guide has answered all your questions related to EPF Online Payment. In a case of further queries, please comment below!