Registering your correct name with the EPF account you hold is very important. If the name is wrong it can create login problems or major errors with your account in the long run. Incorrect name with EPF account is a common error. It can be easily rectified with a few simple steps. In case the incorrect name associated with the EPF account needs to be changed, then a declaration form must be filled by the account holder and the employing organization of the account holding. Along with that relevant documents needs to be submitted to initiate the name correction. Following is the elaboration of the exact steps that need to be followed if salaried employees need a change in name associated with the EPF account they hold.
EPF Name Correction Form: Format
In order to rectify the incorrect name of the account holder of an EPF account, “EPF Name Correction Form” is required to be filled. The form is a documentation format of a letter addressed to The Regional EPFO Commissioner. The format to be followed while documenting the letter is as follows:
- The letter must be addressed to the Regional PF Commissioner.
- The subject of the letter should be: “Joint Declaration By Member And Employer.”
- In the body of the letter state the reason for your name being wrong ( employee got the name details wrong, you submitted the incorrect name by mistake while the opening of account). Then request for corrections in your name.
- It is not necessary that only your name is mentioned wrong. There are other details that can be incorrect too. For such situations, similar steps must be followed. Thus you can apply for corrections in: error in name of primary account holder, error in name of father or spouse, error in account number, error in the date of birth, error in on-boarding day of your employing organization, error in leaving date of your previous employing organization.
- After completing the letter go through the columns that state the information regarding your EPF account that needs correction. Fill the relevant columns according to the correction required.
- After completion of the form, state the documents of proof that you will be providing to support the changes you have requested in your EPF account.
- Then you need to get your form attested. Attestation should be done as follows:
- You need to mention your name in the form and sign it.
- Name of your previous employing organization (if any) and the relevant signature from the organization should be present.
- Name of your current employing organization with the signature from an authorized employer and the seal of the company.
Documents of Proof Required For EPF Name Correction
The supporting documents you have declared to offer as proofs in your form to change EPF account name is subject to government instructions. The documents accepted as per the norms set by the government are as follows:
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Voter Card
- Aadhar Card
- Passbook of Bank or Post Office.
- Education Certificates.
- A copy of electricity, phone or water bill which is also an address proof.
- Birth Certificate issued by the registrar of the municipality.
- Government service certificate.
- A letter from a well-recognized public figure. In such cases, the letter needs verification by relevant authorities to be accepted as a proof.